The Unfortunate Annual Transient

This is my sojourn from Seattle back to the Midwestern motherland. Speckled enamel coffee cups, humidity, fireflies and confronting my addiction to change. Where will this one lead...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I am turning 26 in...approximately 57 minutes.

Less, actually. It will take more minutes to write this. But whatever...in my mind...it's my birfday!

I love birthdays, and here's why. Every other day of the year, I should be lamenting my gradual getting-older-ness. My size 8 jeans that ain't a size 4. My heart palpitations that are probably just anxiety but maybe its heart disease!!! But on my birthday, it's no holds bar. Bring on the cake and cheap wine. I just lived another goddamn year on this beautiful, smelly earth and woooo! I'm feeling saucy! There are many havenots, but I have a lovely boyfriend, a good family and family-in-law, avocados, dreams left to realize, and a new hairdo. A beautiful sunny day and a good tune to listen to. And in one day, I board a Southwest Airlines flight to Chicago to hang out with some of my favorite people in the world, the kind that fill me with warm, soft affectionate feelings even thinking about them.

Bring on 26! May it be a year with and without fear, with and without regret, with and only with unabashed love.

Happy Birthday me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home