The Unfortunate Annual Transient

This is my sojourn from Seattle back to the Midwestern motherland. Speckled enamel coffee cups, humidity, fireflies and confronting my addiction to change. Where will this one lead...

Sunday, May 14, 2006

More libraries should grow grass on the roof

May 2006 025

May 2006 024

These were taken of the Ballard Neighborhood Center and Public Library in Seattle. I spotted the building from the neighborhood square by it's hammock-slope ceiling. If you look, you can see the grasses growing on the roof. That's right, guy...grasses growing on the roof. Seattle Public Libraries are known for their nonconformist architectural styles, and I loved this building for it's sense of irreverence and serenity. It's not the kind of building you gape and bow to...it's the grin-and-say-"That's awesome" kind. In addition, the weather that was so perfect it made you pause for spiritual reflection every ten minutes. My belly is full of pho and Bud Select, and I am thoroughly delighted with life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home