The Unfortunate Annual Transient

This is my sojourn from Seattle back to the Midwestern motherland. Speckled enamel coffee cups, humidity, fireflies and confronting my addiction to change. Where will this one lead...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What do you need when you are unemployed?

If you thought I was going to say "job", you are wrong, my friend! And money for my next student loan payment, 24-rack of Bud Select, and an oil change is right...but not right enough.

It's a gym membership! Of course, what else should employed people be doing besides working out during the day and staying up late drinking beer and watching youTube videos? Jason and I stopped into "Epicenter Fitness" today, got the grand tour, and plan to sign up tomorrow. Jason has medical reasons he needs to be working out...his sciatic nerve is giving him hell. Me? I'd like to be able to climb a flight of stairs without hyperventilating again.

But here was the selling point. This gym facility has a heated yoga room, warm pool, free classes, and individual TV screen and DVD players ON EVERY WORKOUT MACHINE. And, when I went to check out the women's locker room, two Japanese girls were hanging out topless in the hottub. If only they had heated naked yoga and free Gatorade slurpee machines, this place would be heaven.

But you know, when you are unemployed and facing a lot of rejection, it's good to get your workout on. Get the blood flowing, feel sexy, get some cool injuries. Maybe while I'm busting a gut in sweaty-yoga, I'll have an epiphany and figure out what's my calling in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home