The Unfortunate Annual Transient

This is my sojourn from Seattle back to the Midwestern motherland. Speckled enamel coffee cups, humidity, fireflies and confronting my addiction to change. Where will this one lead...

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Woo boy

Job expo. Now that was a litle slap of humility.

I walked around, looking nice in my brand-spanking new Goodwill interview clothes, and lip gloss and everything, and felt completely out of my element. I am over-qualified for the entry-level jobs, under-qualified or haphazardly-qualified for the others. Pfffst. Normally I feel like a good salesperson for myself, but today I was definitely off my mark. Probably convinced some people I was eligible for therapy, but that's about it.

I wish I could enjoy unemployment, but I've neer been that sort of person. I enjoy two weeks, then I get restless and disorganized, watch too much cable and Google too many useless topics. Soul-sucking. I need my structure. Worker bee.

Where's the gutso, Slog? Where's the brazeness? Where's the go-get-'em pal? Left a couple of years and wrong career turns back, I think. I'm not even sure I know what I want to do. I need to be dropped off with the woods with liter bottle of tequila and wait till a squirrel tells me what I need to do with my life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, do me a favor and ask the squirrel if it knows anything about what I should do, too. ;)

5:41 AM  
Blogger Court said...

The squirrel said you should be the creator and editor of a webzine/marketplace devoted the art/music/clothing/interiordesign/politics of the "retrofeminine urbanite". That, or a pharmacist. I'm not sure, we were both pretty drunk by that point.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home