The Unfortunate Annual Transient

This is my sojourn from Seattle back to the Midwestern motherland. Speckled enamel coffee cups, humidity, fireflies and confronting my addiction to change. Where will this one lead...

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Must..not...write...downer...post...

I have a job. For three weeks. My bank accounts bows in adulation. He was pretty sure we were on a one-way scenic tour up shit's creek and credit card debt.

But (wa-waa!) said job does involve a nearly two-hour commute. I can and will use public transportation for part of that, but that's a long ass time hustling around. And my first attempts at scoring an apartment near civilization were thrwarted. I suppose I should be grateful however. Puts off the inevitable decision of "where do I want to be" and puts the focus back on "what radio station can I pick up from the deck while I'm playing bags?".

2 Comments:

Blogger Dancomono said...

nothing wrong with a job - no matter what, it usually gives me some delicious affirmation that I'm worth something, quite literally, to someone. Cheers from supposed civilization.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Court said...

Yeah, literal affirmation is a good thing. For some reason they won't let me buy beer with my own personal abstract affirmation of worthiness (though I've tried!).

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home