The Unfortunate Annual Transient

This is my sojourn from Seattle back to the Midwestern motherland. Speckled enamel coffee cups, humidity, fireflies and confronting my addiction to change. Where will this one lead...

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

This time again



Nothing like a little six month break from posting on your blog.

I'm leaving Seattle in one week. This is the longest I've spent in one city in any given stretch since high school. Fifteen months. Less than a cell phone contract. Four jobs, two locations, a couple of stretches sleeping on a cot and the floor, one relationship ending, went from having two cats to no cats, having a car to having no car. Being honest to God broke to having enough to get along well. I spent too many evenings alone reading Pitchfork reviews, watching Frasier reruns and eating Trader Joes peanuts for dinner. Not my finest year.

But damn, when this city tries, it is truly beautiful. And I've made great friends here. And the smell of a warm breeze off Green Lake is amazing.

I can't imagine leaving a place without looking back, without grieving a bit. Sometimes a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home