The Unfortunate Annual Transient

This is my sojourn from Seattle back to the Midwestern motherland. Speckled enamel coffee cups, humidity, fireflies and confronting my addiction to change. Where will this one lead...

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Enough of that happy noise

Today is much better. Whether it's because I my moods are very susceptible to distraction (they are) or because I've got good people around reminding of the bigger picture (I do), today is better. I already miss Chicago - I woke up specifically thinking of honking silver Taurus waving red, white and blue Puerto Rican flags - but it is a gorgeous time to be unemployed and living in rural Illinois. It's dry, but the early wheat is being harvested already, leaving behind perfect, lonely golden bales of hay in the fields. The corn is already chest high, and from a distance, a cool, mossy green. It waves on the fields below in patterns like TV static...like when you were a kind and pressed your nose against the glass and watched the colors move underneath your eyelashes in shallow, lingering runs.

Tomorrow we go sailing, and tonight I'm buying a baseball in the hopes of getting my dad to toss it around with me. I like the rhythm of tossing things. Maybe I'll have my moment of inspiration during one of these sessions...see a better formed path towards somewhere unfurl in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home