The Unfortunate Annual Transient

This is my sojourn from Seattle back to the Midwestern motherland. Speckled enamel coffee cups, humidity, fireflies and confronting my addiction to change. Where will this one lead...

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Coming soon...Me vs. Turkey and Kosher Chicken

Tonight begins a 48-hour perilous trial. A journey of unforeseen horrors, of untold glories. I am making a Thanksgiving dinner (with Kosher accents) for 20+ people. In a Russian one-rack square-shaped oven and a four-point electric range. Lordy, have mercy on me.

A photo-tale of my journey will follow soon, with recipes. To all of you, Happy Thanksgiving, hope you are surrounded by warmth, family, and nostalgia (childhood should always feel a little better in hindsight) and eat some cranberry sauce for me, cause they don't sell the stuff out here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home